Close Menu
The Coast Times Digital

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Government Injects Additional Ksh13.6 Billion to Fast-Track Mwache Dam CompletionV

    August 19, 2026

    Kwale governor urges residents to participate in public participation

    August 14, 2026

    Kwale Steps Up Youth Peace Campaigns Ahead of 2027 Elections

    August 12, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Government Injects Additional Ksh13.6 Billion to Fast-Track Mwache Dam CompletionV
    • Kwale governor urges residents to participate in public participation
    • Kwale Steps Up Youth Peace Campaigns Ahead of 2027 Elections
    • Wetang’ula says locals must benefit from Kwale’s mineral wealth, urges Coast residents to register as voters
    • Kwale ships first 43 tons of sea weeds to the republic of Chile
    • Nikaphu Residents Protest Government’s Quarter-Acre Land Settlement Plan
    • EACC Recovers Sh45 Million Beach Access Road Reserve in Kwale
    • CS Kagwe Unveils KISCOL Revival Plan as Government Moves to Restore Kwale Sugar Industry, Protect Thousands of Livelihoods
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    The Coast Times DigitalThe Coast Times Digital
    • Home
    • Features
    • Politics

      Government Injects Additional Ksh13.6 Billion to Fast-Track Mwache Dam CompletionV

      August 19, 2026

      Kwale governor urges residents to participate in public participation

      August 14, 2026

      Kwale Steps Up Youth Peace Campaigns Ahead of 2027 Elections

      August 12, 2026

      Wetang’ula says locals must benefit from Kwale’s mineral wealth, urges Coast residents to register as voters

      August 7, 2026

      Kwale ships first 43 tons of sea weeds to the republic of Chile

      August 7, 2026
    • Typography
    • Science

      Stakeholders Renew Call for Collective Action as Diani Beach Zero Plastic Festival Opens

      June 6, 2026

      Kwale county government respond swiftly after a Tiwi woman who gave birth at her home toilet died and 9 cases of newborn deaths claims ignite 2027 political battle.

      May 11, 2026

      LungaLunga hospital boost as Global Funds’ through Amref Health Africa set to put up a new medical Oxygen plant.

      April 28, 2026

      Uncertainty faces thousands of Kwale patients affected by Neglected tropical diseases awaiting operation as Amref donor funding withdrawal alert issued

      April 8, 2026

      KOSAP Project Accelerates Clean Energy Access in Kwale

      January 21, 2026
    • Opionion/Commentary
    • Contact Us
    The Coast Times Digital
    Home»Top News»Mombasa»Mombasa cab drivers protest for Justice after colleague killed
    Mombasa

    Mombasa cab drivers protest for Justice after colleague killed

    Coast Times DigitalBy Coast Times DigitalOctober 10, 2024Updated:October 10, 2024No Comments28 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    BY NURU SALIM

    The tragic abduction and killing of Victoria Muloki, a mother of three and a dedicated cab driver has sent shockwaves through the Mombasa cab drivers society prompting protests by fellow drivers.

    Muloki who had been working as a cab driver in Mombasa for four years was found dead days after she was requested for a ride through a popular taxi app.

    Authorities have arrested the suspect, who was taken into custody shortly after the discovery of Victoria’s body.

    However, a fresh twist emerged when fellow cab drivers took to the streets, protesting in Mombasa’s central business district, claiming that the true perpetrator was a foreign national.

    According to the drivers, the individual has long been known for suspicious activities but has severally evaded justice.

    One of the cab drivers Sarah Ng’ang’a demanded justice for Muloki.

    “Justice must prevail. They killed one of us, and the police took too long to respond. That’s why we’re out here protesting,” she said.

    Ng’ang’a noted said such incidents are becoming more frequent, highlighting a case where a driver was also assaulted by a foreigner after asking for payment for her services.

    She decried that despite being over a month since the attack, no justice has been served.

    Ng’ang’a emphasized that the plight of women working in the cab business is increasingly becoming dangerous.

    “As women, in whose hands are we safe? We go through so much during our business yet no police officer has responded positively to our cases,” she said.

    Another driver Judy Njeru pleaded for justice, underlining the vital role that women play in society.

    She said women must be looked after and respected.

    Njeru said the officer in charge must take action to ensure their security is not compromised.

    She raised concerns about the alleged foreign suspect, who she claims is attempting to leave the country, despite being implicated in both the murder of Victoria and the assault on Asha.

    “We’ve heard that this suspect is planning to flee the country, and yet the police have made no moves to stop him. We cannot allow this to happen. We demand action before it’s too late,” she said.

    Police are yet to issue a statement on the protests or the allegations raised by the cab drivers.

    Victoria leaves behind three children, who now face an uncertain future as the case surrounding their mothr’s death continues to unfold.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Coast Times Digital
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • X (Twitter)

    Coast Times Digital is a news hub that bring to you information across the Coastal region and beyond in a manner that is guided by the editorial rules and laws.

    Related Posts

    Government Injects Additional Ksh13.6 Billion to Fast-Track Mwache Dam CompletionV

    August 19, 2026

    Kwale governor urges residents to participate in public participation

    August 14, 2026

    Kwale Steps Up Youth Peace Campaigns Ahead of 2027 Elections

    August 12, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Kwale County-based People Daily Journalist quits media to join the office of the government spokesperson

    January 24, 2024992

    Kwale magistrate order Diani OCS to investigate Diani DCI “money for freedom” claims by suspected Panga boys criminals.

    April 1, 2025930

    The untold story of Nyari sisal estate in Samburu-Chengoni, Kwale County

    March 26, 2024739

    BREAKING NEWS! Kilifi Blue economy chief officer allegedly stabbed to death by house maid

    July 20, 2023682
    Don't Miss
    Kwale

    Government Injects Additional Ksh13.6 Billion to Fast-Track Mwache Dam CompletionV

    By Coast Times DigitalAugust 19, 202650

    By Shaban Omar Relief is fast approaching for thousands of residents in Kenya’s coastal region…

    Kwale governor urges residents to participate in public participation

    August 14, 2026

    Kwale Steps Up Youth Peace Campaigns Ahead of 2027 Elections

    August 12, 2026

    Wetang’ula says locals must benefit from Kwale’s mineral wealth, urges Coast residents to register as voters

    August 7, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About

    SHIMBA HILLS MEDIA NETWORK
    P.o Box 351,80403, Kwale Tel: +254 734 869440
    Email: info@coasttimesdigital.com

    © {2022} Coast Times Digital.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.