Property worth millions of shillings have been destroyed in a night inferno that engulfed business premises and residential houses at White House in Diani, Kwale County.
The fire broke out at 2am and it is said to have started in one of the rooms and spread to the adjacent rooms.
The business premises that were destroyed includes bars, saloon, furniture shop, chemist and retail shops.
“It was around 2am when I heard people calling out that there was a fire, When I came out I saw the fire blazing from downstairs. I quickly run to take out my children from their bedroom” said Joseph Moseti
Some of the residents whose houses caught the fire were unable to salvage any of their belongings.
No injuries were reported
The County government of Kwale has promised to deploy the County Disaster committee to assess the extent of the damage before embarking on any compensation arrangement.
The residents have called on the government to be timely in responding to such incidents to avert huge losses.